You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Valuation Tribunal (England and Wales) - If you still think the decision is wrong

If you appeal against a Council Tax Support (Council Tax Reduction) decision in England or Wales, a Valuation Tribunal will deal with your appeal. This guide goes through the process of what happens after your appeal is received.

If you still think the decision is wrong

You can only appeal against the Tribunal's decision if you think they have misinterpreted or made a mistake about the law. You will need specialist advice if you think this has happened.

You can use the Turn2us Find an Adviser tool to find a local adviser. 

The time limits for appealing against a tribunal decision are strict so it is important to seek specialist advice quickly after receiving your decision.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grant Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants