You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Studying (aged 16+)

If you are in higher or further education, find out what help may be available to you through benefits, grants or other financial support.

Skip to content:

Student sitting on the floor


The Turn2us Benefits Calculator cannot accurately calculate benefit entitlement for students.

To read about the benefits available for people who are studying in further or higher education, select from the list below:


To find out what help may be available from grant giving charities, you can use the Turn2us Grants Search.

Turn2us Grants Search

Advice and Support Agencies

Find an Adviser tool

Turn2us is unable to offer advice on individual situations. However, you can find an adviser in your area to discuss your situation with you by using the Turn2us Find an Adviser tool

Find out where to get information and advice on student matters

Student Welfare Office/ Student Liaison Office

Most universities and colleges will have a student advice/welfare service. They normally provide advice on a range of issues including housing, benefits and student financial support.  You may also be able to access Hardship Payments/Emergency Help Payments  through some student support offices

Disabled Students Helpline

Disability Rights UK run a free specialist helpline to advise and support disabled people who are 16 or over  in England, who are studying or wish to study full-time or part-time.

Tel: 0800 328 5050 (Tues 11am - 1pm, and Thurs, 11am – 1pm) .

General information is only provided to disabled students in Scotland and Wales.   

Scotland Tel: 0131 228 9441 - for more specialised information and advice about education and training in Scotland.

GOV.UK Website - Student Finance

Information on range of financial support for students provided.

National Apprenticeship Helpline

Information on finding apprenticeships and what you can expect to receive as an apprentice  

  • England 0800 015 0400 or 0247 682 6482 
  • Wales 0292 090 6801
  • Scotland 0800917 8000
  • Northern Ireland 0300 200 7876

National Union Students

Represent the interest of students and offers practical information

Other Useful resources

Gov.UK website Education and Learning information


Updated: December 2017